Brewer's Blog

The Son

Wednesday, January 31, 2007





Well, what can I say about the prodigal son other than the fact that the brewery delivery van got towed because of it?


I could start out by saying, it's hoppier than I expected (aroma wise), which is a pleasent surprise. I'm also happy with how oddly clear it turned out in the bottling tank.


It was a dream to brew (gotta love that Vienna malt) and I'm thinking I'll have to brew more next year, just 'cuz.


But the devil is in the deails, so they say:


Last night we took a pin (20.4 liter cask of real ale) of The Son to the King's Head pub for the inaugural "Half Pints Happy Hour" - our first foray into sponsorship of local comedy. Needless to say, I had too many and when the decision was made to ditch the van at the back of the pub in favour of stumbling to a cab, we thought all would be as normal in the a.m.


Unbeknownst to me, big brewery delivery day at the King's is Wednesday a.m., and the truck can't pull in when some stupid local microbrewery delivery van is in the way. Oh well... the comedians were hilarious, the beer was flowing, and the natcho's were spicy.


Does it get any better? ;)


Labels: